Monday, December 22, 2008

Running is an intoxicating drug. When the flow hits the pavement, magic happens and everything else is suspended. Some say that I am running 'from' something and I sometimes think about what that might mean, but generally I just run and run and run.

The other morning I saw a few racoons in the area in which I normally see racoons and Im like nearly delierious at this point from the run and my mind is in that ... place... where there is space between the raindrops kind of space... anysay, so I start to think... 'hey... why cant I be more like the racoons - they arent thinking of any of this bullshit that is going on in my mind - they are just thinking about chilling and eating and safety. I think maybe there is something to be said for racoon-ness these days.

No comments: