Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The challenge of being who you think you should be is a formidable one.

Rather than getting caught up in whether or not this is a tenable goal, I wonder if it might be worth investigating whether or not this is even a challenge.

I mean, you are who you are, aren't you? And if you really think you should be some other kind of way or some other kind of person, you would probably work very hard to get to that 'place' even though we all know that there is no such place.

It is this very getting caught up in the moment of things that continually drives my engine and maybe just for fucking once I could just see through the superstructure and realize that the only challenge that I am pursuing is a complete fiction in every sense of the word.

I hope this reminds me to have gratitude for what is and to be more dispassionate about what is not.

No comments: